The Newcastle Permanent Referee Recognition Weekend is an initiative being conducted in 2017 by Northern NSW Football across all Member Zones and Clubs to publicly recognise, show our appreciation and say thank you to all of our referees and match officials.
All Football matches should begin and conclude with both teams shaking hands with all appointed match officials and the opposing team.
Officiating football matches at any level can be a difficult, stressful, intimidating and an often thankless job.
Referee Recognition Weekend gives the football community the chance to show our referees and match officials that they are a valued member of the football family and are appreciated by players, coaches and supporters alike.
2017 Referee Recognition Weekend activities will be held at all matches that take place on Friday 28th, Saturday the 29th & Sunday 30th July 2017.
Any club that is hosting a match sanctioned by Northern NSW Football on these dates including all junior, senior and representative fixtures are requested to embrace the event and take part in the day by showing their thanks and appreciation to all match officials appointed to matches at their club on the day.
Thank you for supporting this important initiative to recognise our invaluable referees and game officials.
Port Saints FC
Due to the closure of a number of fields over the past week, a large number of games that weren’t able to played have been rescheduled to this coming weekend (7/8/9 July 2017). Please check the online draw for details.
Port Saints FC
Due to the damage to Tuffins Lane fields, some of tomorrow’s games have been transferred to Findlay Park. Please see the draw for Findlay Park below, with the transferred games highlighted green or blue.
Port Saints FC
With the forecast for the weekend looking pretty wet PSFC would like to remind all players that rain does not automatically mean games are off. It is the state of the ground that determines whether matches proceed.
The Field page on the Port Saints Website has heaps more info on wet weather procedures, ground status, as well as links to Football Mid North Coast wet weather info (particularly useful when playing away games).
Hopefully the rain stays away for the weekend.
Yours in Football
Port Saints FC
The draw is out, please click on the link below. Please note it is always subject to change so I suggest you check again near to your first game.
We will also be having another night for coaches to collect their kit bags and for any players to buy shorts and socks. It will be Weds 19th April between 5.15pm and 6.15pm at Findlay Park.
Port Saints FC
Port Saints FC Committee would like to welcome all players, coaches and parents to the 2017 season. Below is some important info, please read it all!
Season Start Dates
- Premier League and Men’s Northern League – Saturday 22nd April
- Over 35’s- Wednesday 26th April 2017
- Juniors U15-U18 – Friday 28th April 2017
- Juniors U6-U14 – Saturday 29th April 2017
- The draw isn’t usually put up on the sporting pulse website until the Wednesday prior to the season starting (so that will be around Wednesday 26th April).
- Shorts and Socks can be purchased at Findlay Park between 5.15pm and 6.15pm on 12th April, socks are $10 and shorts $20. They can also be purchased at our canteen once the season starts. Other club merchandise will also be available (club jackets, hats, beanies etc).
- Skins can be worn but need to be black if wearing black shorts or blue if wearing blue shorts. With skin tops they need to be blue if wearing the blue kit and could be blue or black if wearing blue and black kit. There is a rule that each player in the team must be wearing the same colour though.
- All players are required to wear football (soccer) boots and shin pads for all games and all training sessions. This is to protect the player, and to ensure we comply with insurance requirements.
- Gala day for U6 to U11 – Sunday 18th June (more info to come soon)
- Quiz Night – Saturday 29th July (This will be a fun night, make sure you get in quick when tickets are released!)
- Presentation day will be Sat 7 October (U6-11 in the morning, Junior Competitive lunch/early afternoon, Senior in the evening)
All members of the committee are volunteers, so we prefer if communication can be electronic rather than over the phone during work hours.
New Working with Children Policy
- Individuals who work or volunteer with children (under 18) must hold a WWCC Number and provide their WWCC Number to their club. This is a compulsory legislative requirement. Refer to the WWCC details on our policy page.
- It is a requirement of the club that all coaches and volunteers complete their working with children check and provide the WWCC number to the club prior to the club providing the coaching kit to the coach. This is to look after the safety of our children and failure to comply will be seen as a concern.
- For details on other policies please refer to the policy page of our website.
- This year the coaching kit bags will contain a Ground Officials Vest. This vest shall be worn by one of the parents from our team when we are the home team. This is a requirement of Football Mid North Coast and Northern NSW Football. More detail will be included with the coaching kit bag.
- Details on the field status, field layout and field location can be found on the Field page of our website.
- The club is run by volunteers (but you don’t have to be on the committee to help out)
- If you are interested in helping the club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . We are always looking for helpers.
- If you have expertise you can offer, please let us know.
Sponsors and Special Offers
We are very grateful to all our sponsors. If you would like to get involved and sponsor our club, please contact us.
- A list of our sponsors is on the right hand side of most pages on our website. Click on the sponsor logo to go to their website.
- A number of our sponsors have special deals available for our members. For example;
- Tacking point Tavern provide a 5% discount at all their venues if you register for their rewards system (click on their logo on the homepage). Any money you spend also contributes to the clubs sponsorship contract.
- Newcastle Permanent give the club $600 for any home loan they sign over $100,000 when you mention Port Saints FC.
That’s it for now, hope everyone gets off to a great start this season. Hope to see you on the field soon!
Port Saints FC Committee
Port Saints FC clubhouse will be open this Thursday 22 Sep from 5 – 6pm for return of club gear. Would anyone who still has any club shirts, balls, training kits etc please return them this Thursday so the committee can do a stocktake for next year.